Rivermead Gate Medical Centre

01245 348688

CLOSED Temporarily – Wood Street Surgery

01245 354732

Unsure which service to access?

If you are unsure of which NHS service to use if you need urgent or emergency medical help please follow the links below:

NHS 111 service

NHS 111 can help if you have an urgent medical problem and you’re not sure what to do.

Find out when to use the 111 service on the NHS website here

NHS 999 service

Call 999 in a medical emergency. This is when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk.

Find out when to call 999 on the NHS website here

Using the Accident and Emergency service

An A&E department (also known as emergency department or casualty) deals with genuine life-threatening emergencies

Find out when to go to A&E on the NHS website here

When to use an Urgent Treatment Centre

You can go to an urgent treatment centre (UTC) if you need urgent medical attention, but it’s not a life-threatening situation. They are open at least 12 hours a day, every day.

Find out when to visit an urgent treatment centre (walk-in centre or minor injury unit)

Locate your nearest urgent care service

If you need to find where your urgent care service is please search here

Remember for minor ailments you can visit your local pharmacy – found out more on our Who Should I see page here