Options to place an order for your medication
- By email – [email protected] – Please give your name, date of birth & the names and strengths of all the medications you wish to order.
- Online – Sign up for On-Line Services and use this link to order your prescriptions
- NHS App – Click here to use the NHS App to order your prescription
- At the practice – Submit the computer-printed form to the practice
- By post – Either place your request in the red box in reception, post box in the lobby (Rivermead) or post to the surgery
We do not accept telephone requests for prescriptions.
It is very important that repeat prescriptions are requested within 7 days of the medication running out.
If, in exceptional circumstances, we agree to issue a prescription on the same day, this will not be ready for collection until after 6.00pm.
From 1 April 2020, all prescriptions will be sent electronically to the spine or to a nominated pharmacy.
If you have not nominated a pharmacy please go to your preferred pharmacy will do this for you.
You will still be able to collect your prescription (token) in the usual way or ask your pharmacist to collect it for you.
ALLOW TWO FULL WORKING DAYS BEFORE COLLECTION
This allows time for prescriptions to be generated, checked and signed by a doctor.
Some items cannot be prescribed by the practice as we are following Mid Essex CCG Guidance. Patients are advised to purchase these over the counter from a local pharmacist. For further information: http://midessexccg.nhs.uk/your-health-services and see our leaflet OTC medication.